Friday, January 20, 2006

Booky post

Finished up Mike Resnick's Starship: Mutiny a couple of days ago and posted the review today. I liked this one a lot, I'm glad there will be more books following the crew of the Teddy R. This was a big improvement over the Star Wars book I read just before it, almost a night and day comparsion.

Keeping with the media-related franchise fantasy theme, I finished Homeland by R.A. Salvatore - the first book of the Legend of Drizzt and the first book of his Dark Elf Trilogy. I never read these books before, so I was hoping I wouldn't be let down by what a lot of people consider lesser fantasy. I enjoyed the book, thought there were some good, gripping action scenes. I cut my teeth on the DragonLance books when I was in middle school, and for whatever reason, I just never picked up the Forgotten Realms novels.

I'm about 50 pages into Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton for review and so I have a clue what is going on in Judas Unchained, which I will also be reviewing. Pandora's Star is also the February book in the Science Fiction Book Club at sffworld.com.

That's one of the many things I love about Fantasy and Science Fiction, the variety of different imaginative melieus.

Wednesday's episode of Lost was pretty surprising. I didn't expect the encounter that occurred in the jungle, it really caught me off guard. Good stuff all around on the episode.

Lastly, go DEVILS, 8 in a row!

No comments: