- I’m at my fourth job since starting the blog
- My wife and I moved from one part of NJ (Middlesex County) to another part of NJ (Somerset County, which lends credence to the “Garden State” nickname for NJ)
- I’ve branched out in my reviewing and genre writing, going from reviews only at SFFWorld to writing for SF Signal, Tor.com and for a while, the San Francisco/Sacramento Book Review
- The publishing landscape has changed dramatically with the advent of ebooks, the strengthening of the blogger/publisher relationship, and self-publishing
- As such, I acquired a Kindle about three years ago
- The online community has changed, too. We are still present, just talking differently. Whereas Bulletin Boards/Forums were massively active about ten years ago, twitter, reddit and facebook have taken the conversations out of the forums.
- I've been keeping track of the review books I receive in the mail from publishers for about half the time the blog has been active (since April/May 2008)
- I’ve met a good number of authors at various events; Tor.com meet-ups, NY Comic Con, and author signings
- Once, Neil Gaiman even linked to my blog!
- Since 2006, (as well as 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) I've recapped my "reading year in review," including this past year (2013)
- I began running, and in doing so, completed 2 half-marathons and many, many 5Ks
- Last and certainly not least, as I've pointed out previously, the wife and I acquired a dog, Sully
Monday, November 10, 2014
Suddenly, a Decade has Passed
Meanwhile, behind the façade of this innocent looking bookstore…
10 years later and I’m still at this whole blogging thing. Having recently turned 40, this blog has been part of my daily/weekly routine for a quarter of my life. I can’t say that about many things. Since starting the blog: